Thursday, February 11, 2016

Thanksgiving




Hi! I hope you all are having a great Thursday, So today I thought I share a TBT post on my thanksgiving theme lunch. I have to say that the dinning room at my parents house is my most favorite place for more reasons than one. From the meals made by my Mom with the most tastiest ingredient "LOVE" to the laughs/intimate talks/ dreams we share around the table are so special to me! Growing up and to this day my parents always manage to get us together around the table at least once a day. Although those moments stay close to my heart wherever I go, now that I'm married and have been living in a different state, I don't get to do that on a day to day basis like I used to. For that reason, this past thanksgiving, I was blessed enough to put together an intimate lunch for my family at my parents house. I used everything that I found in the kitchen to create a fall/thanksgiving themed table decor. Since I got similar tastes with my Mom, it was easy to find things I liked without having to go shopping. I used
decorative sunflowers and a mint blue vase with sunflower designs for the center piece. I wanted to make it more fun than just meals so I thought it would be a lot more meaningful to write down our gratitude to look back on. I don't know about you but writing my thoughts or plans tends to make them more official. So I included a note pad with flower designs and stick it on a fine grocery list board my sister made in her middle school tool workshop class for my Mom. So that each person could write down what they are thankful for before sharing them. Everyone loved the idea and enjoyed the activity before lunch, it definitly added more to the table decor and made it more special. I used a light blue and yellow napkin and the beautiful leaf shaped bowls added an Autumn feel to it:) It wasn't meant to be for a blog considering I put everything together in less than an hour but I was able to take a couple of pictures and glad I can share it with y'all! It's always the little things that make the biggest differences in our lives and so important to live in those moments, look back at those moments and give thanks. I believe amazing things happen when we focus on what's going on right and trust God for the rest! After all gratefulness sustains happiness!!!






















No comments:

Post a Comment